Zettagrid is looking for an experienced Level 2 VMware Engineer to join our growing organisation across Australia and South East Asia.
Your primary responsibilities will be to support, maintain and evolve the Zettagrid platform, encompassing a comprehensive VMware stack (including vCloud Director and NSX), automation systems and supporting infrastructure including storage, Linux and Windows machines, backup and disaster recovery software.
You will also be providing technical escalation support to our Level 1 operations centre and you will escalate complex tasks to our Level 3 Architects.
Required Skills & Experience
This role manages our day-to-day VMware, Veeam, Zerto environment and so experience with VMware is essential.
In addition, we are looking for applicants with -
- Strong experience managing the operational aspects of public or private cloud infrastructure and managing change in live environments.
- A working knowledge of VMWare vSphere 6.x and associated software such as NSX, vCloud Director (desired but not essential) and vRealize Operations Manager.
- Some experience working with diverse SAN and Server technologies.
- Experience scripting with at least one of: PowerShell, Python, BASH, PHP or similar.
- Experience in building and maintaining Windows and Linux (CentOS/Debian) machines running web servers (e.g. nginx, Apache, IIS), load balancers (e.g. HAProxy) and databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server).
- An understanding of basic networking concepts including VLANs, firewalls, NAT, load balancing and routing, and
- A commercial awareness and understanding of the daily dealings of a service provider delivering XaaS type services.
- Required - VMware Certified Professional 6 (or greater) – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
- Desired - Tertiary Qualification in IT, Computer Science or related field
- Desired - VMware Certified Professional 6 – Cloud Management and Automation (VCP6-CMA)
Reporting to the Cloud Manager, this role is being offered as a working from home position so you can be located anywhere (UTC+8 to UTC+12 preferred). If you are located in Perth (Australia), you can work in an office however you will be joining a diverse team that operates remotely and is dispersed throughout Australia.
We support our customers 24x7. In addition to the standard working week you will also participate on a oncall roster every 8 weeks for which you will be paid an oncall standby rate plus overtime for any work undertaken.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now.
Applications close Friday, 30 October 2020.